For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Picture This Moving Image Limited of 40 Sydney Row, Spike Island, Bristol BS1 6UU.
Collection of your personal information
Use and storage of your personal information
We will use personal information provided by you or gathered by us for the following purposes:
- to process and respond to requests, enquiries and complaints received from you;
- to provide services requested by you;
- to communicate with you about services provided to you;
- to update our records;
- to analyse trends and profiles;
- for audit purposes;
- to carry out customer satisfaction research;
- to prevent or detect fraud;
- to recommend products or services that we believe will be of interest to you;
- to enable third parties to carry out any of the purposes above on our behalf.
Sharing of your personal information
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following ways:
- We sometimes use third parties to process personal information on our behalf. For example, we may use third parties to maintain our IT systems or send out mailings on our behalf. Where we use third parties to process your personal information, we will ensure that they have adequate security measures in place to safeguard your personal information.
- We will release your personal information when we are required to do so for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings.
- We use Google Analytics to monitor our web statistics and our hosting company (Watershed) has a web statistics tool called Urchin through which we can also access statistics of users of our website.
- In some circumstances we may transfer your personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area, where data protection safeguards are not as high as they are in the UK. If this occurs we will ensure that adequate procedures are put in place to protect your personal information.
A cookie is a piece of information that is held on the hard drive of your computer which records how you have used a website. Cookies allow website operators to accumulate useful information, such as whether the computer (and sometimes its user) has visited the site before. This is done on a repeat visit by checking to see, and finding, the cookie left there on the last visit.
If you do not want cookies downloaded onto your machine, you can disable them by adjusting the settings on your browser. However, you may not be able to use some of the features on the Website without cookies.
Access to your personal information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will ask for confirmation of identity before we disclose any personal information and may charge a £10 administration fee to process the request. Please address requests to the Data Protection Officer, Picture This Moving Image Limited, 40 Sydney Row, Spike Island, Bristol BS1 6UU.