20th Anniversary logo competition
27th September 2010
Picture This turn 20 in 2012. We’re looking for an exciting, creative 20th anniversary logo to help our celebrations.
Picture This was established in 1992 as a development of Watershed's film department and Bristol Film Maker's Co-Op. Since our first commission we have produced over 80 works, with regional, national and international artists at all stages in their careers. Picture This works have been shown at exhibitions, festivals and biennales world wide. Commissioning and supporting artists to develop their practice in film and video continues to be at the very heart of what we do.
To help us celebrate turning 20 we'll be fundraising throughout 2010 and 2011 to make our 2012 programme of commissions, exhibitions and events special. Picture This want a logo to mark this year and support fundraising for our anniversary. The winning logo will be used online, in print and on signage. The winning designer will receive an online profile / feature and will be credited when the logo is used.
We're looking for:
- A new logo for 20th anniversary year only and fundraising campaign (not a rebrand for the organisation)
- To be used online, in print and on signage throughout 2011 and 2012
- Reflecting the creativity of the organisation
- Logo needs to feature both the number 20 and either the words 'Picture This' or 'PT'
- Landscape format (to work with our website CMS)
please email email@example.com with
- examples of previous work (relevant to branding or the creative industries)
- logo design for Picture This' 20th anniversary and fundraising
- Colour (for use online) and black only versions (for print)
- vector rather than jpg please
- hard copy entries are acceptable (we will request usable files after winner announced)
- Entries need to be original work. Copyright will remain with the designer, the winning entry must be available for Picture This to use
Deadline: Deadline extended until **15 November 2010, 4pm**
Judges: Lisa Panting, Director, Picture This & Melissa Nisbett, Board Member Picture This.
Lisa has been Director of Picture This since 2009, and developed projects with Hito Steyerl and Rachel Reupke. With ten years experience in marketing, Melissa is currently Lecturer at Sheffield Hallam University in cultural policy and arts management.
Picture This commissions ambitious artists’ film and video works. We invite artists at all levels of experience in working with film and video
Picture This publishes essays, publications and video podcasts that enable artists, critics, and curators to reflect on developments within